Jem and The Holograms: The 'Live"-Action Feature Film

"Jem, also known as Jem and the Holograms, is an American animated television series that ran from 1985 to 1988 in U.S. first-run syndication. The show is about music company owner Jerrica Benton, her singer alter-ego Jem, her band the Holograms, and their adventures. The series was a joint collaboration by Hasbro, Marvel Productions and Sunbow Productions, the same team responsible for G.I. Joe and Transformers." (Wiki)
And while my personal memories of this 80s property remain essentially non-existent in my mindscape, seems the exces at Hasbro thinks differently, with a "live"-action feature film to beamed, as directed by Jon M. Chu. ("G.I.Joe"), with the main cast recently announced on JemTheMovie.com:


Jem - Aubrey Peeples
Kimber - Stefanie Scott
Aja - Hayley Kiyoko
Shana - Aurora Perrineau

And while this might not be the excitement of a lifetime for myself, the sheer possibilities of 80s cartoons opening up for reboot(s) in fancy films, is a big lure for me … here's hoping **SilverHawks or **BraveStarr might make the celluloid-cut one day!

(P/S: **Yes I know they're not under Hasbro, but I can dream, can't I? ;p)

Popular Posts