Happy 90th Birthday, Mr Stanley Kubrick #KubrickDay



What is your most favourite movie from Stanley Kubrick? And Why?

[ Comments section / on Instagram / on Facebook ]





Happy 90th Birthday #StanleyKubrick #KubrickDay

A post shared by César Moreno (@pinchemoreno) on



A post shared by Premise TV (@premisetv) on


Amidst all his classics, the sole movie which "affected" my #filmlife the most, was 1987's "Full Metal Jacket". Watching it again while preparing for my "Production Designer" feature film-gig in Vietnam (my 4th film) in 1999/early-2000s, left a more distinct memory-mark than all other films in his stable, edging over "A Clockwork Orange" and "2001: A Space Odyssey", leaving me scarred with expectations (which visually I could not achieve in my project, alas), and the memory of an event unknown intimately to myself, but hauntingly as realistic as reel life to have brought me unto the battlefield.

Cheers
Andy

Comments

Popular Posts