My (Non-Spoilery) Initial-Impressions of #JohnWick3


Finally caught #JohnWick3 at the tail end of its run here on Singapore screens! Gosh bless afternoon matinees lol (And thanks, Ian!)

Push comes to shove, my current vote for “Best Wick” is still the first film, with the charm and freshness of the character experienced then, now muted by the neons and fauxglamour.

In opening up the world of #JohnWick, the man, the myth, becomes quite simply a man who can outlast and kill everyone else. One name popped into mind: “John McClane” :p

Good bloody fun for a single sitting tho! And c’mon, now they NEED to do a #JohnWick4, right? “World building” is now “sequel stacking” LOL

One thing that bugged me (altho I know i am not Wick, but): everyone calling him differently, from Mr Jonathan, to Jonathan, to ... no respect for the man? LOL #popcornx


And in response to my buddy Kerwin on Facebook who discussed about John Wick's true name "Jordani" being revealed - to be frank, from that point on I had already stopped caring for "who" the man was ... I personally didn't really want to know, as I enjoyed the "mystery" behind the man, the myth ... it reminds me of when Qui-Gon Jinn explained about "Midichlorians" to Young Anarkin lol


PRESS: "In this third installment of the adrenaline-fueled action franchise, super-assassin John Wick (Keanu Reeves) returns with a $14 million price tag on his head and an army of bounty-hunting killers on his trail. After killing a member of the shadowy international assassin’s guild, the High Table, John Wick is excommunicado, but the world’s most ruthless hit men and women await his every turn."

Comments

Popular Posts