WATCHMEN: The Art Of Storytelling & Behind Making of "Black Wall Street"


"Watchmen is a cinematic feast with layers of ideas." Featured in the above video featurette, Michal Zak peels back the questions, craft, and contemporary themes that make Watchmen…distinctly Watchmen. Based on the graphic novel co-created and illustrated by Dave Gibbons and published by DC, Damon Lindelof (The Leftovers, Lost) creates a modern-day reimagining of Alan Moore's groundbreaking graphic novel about masked vigilante.


Finding the above video, I'd remembered I have yet to review the WATCHMEN TV Series on HBO! To be honest, I'd initially been hesitant to dive into my review, as I felt I'd needed to be offering up an "intellectual" commentary of the series ... and to be honest, the series was not just a "superhero-themed" tale, as it incorporated a very real slice of American history, a history that many might not have actively known about, and in current times of turmoil in USA, becomes all too apt, IMHO...

Comments

Popular Posts