REACHER on Amazon Prime (Impressions for first 2 episodes)



2 episodes into REACHER on Amazon Prime, I am enjoying the revelations and even flashbacks, and most importantly, the character of "Jack Reacher" - based on novels by Lee Childs - which I have not read, nor am I familiar with, besides the two prior feature films starring Tom Cruise - for which most commentary I've been reading on socials where that he did not fit the character written in the books (predominantly the "size/height"), whereas Alan Ritchson looks perfectly suited, with his huge and tall frame.



But like I said I have no skin in the game, and will go along for the ride, for the duration of 8 episodes in Season One, currently streaming on Amazon Prime.

The "Sherlock Holmes"-styled investigative aspect is invigorating to watch, and the action is brutal enough to titillate expectations, methinks. There is a gruesome male nudity scene in Episode 2, which certainly stood out from everything else that had been presented, so I am unsure if THAT "sets a tone" to expect, or just gratuitous to meet the "M18"-rating for the series.

Funnily, I cannot help but "suspect" every other character in the series surrounding Reacher, except for the Barber, and possibly "love interest" Roscoe (played by the adorable Willa Fitzgerald), with most folks rubbing me the wrong way somehow. Maybe that was deliberate? I'll continue to watch the series to find out, I guess LOL



WHAT-IS: "Reacher is an American crime thriller streaming television series based on the Jack Reacher book series by Lee Child. The eight-episode first season, based on Killing Floor, Child's 1997 debut novel, was released on Amazon Prime Video on February 4, 2022."



PREMISE: Jack Reacher, a former U.S. Army military policeman, visits the fictional rural town of Margrave, Georgia, and quickly becomes embroiled in a violent clash with a brutal criminal conspiracy.

Produced by:
Skydance Television
Paramount Television Studios
Blackjack Films
Amazon Studios

Comments

Popular Posts