#watched - Spooks: The Greater Good (2015)


I would not have thought to click on to watch the film SPOOKS: THE GREATER GOOD, if not for my curiosity getting the better of me, with the lead character on the poster image resembling "Jon Snow" from GAME OF THRONES, which turned out to be actor Kit Harington indeed (as lead "Will Holloway"), in this British spy-thriller, which in turn proves that star recognition DOES WORK!

A decent thriller, which happened without much aplomb, starring as well an older gent the form of "Harry Pearce" (played by Peter Firth), proving an interesting foil to the machinations of spy-craft (a tinge of, really) and of the "greying" MI5, in this story anyway. The appearance of Tuppence Middleton was nice eye-candy, I have to admit (I adored her in Netflix's Sense8).


I do appreciate the fact everybody else was not necessarily there for their "good looks", and my kudos for the casting that helped kept the "believability" of the film under control :)

Very "real world" moreso "reel world" (of "James Bond" et al), and it felt more of a television aesthetic, than cinematic quality - which is not necessarily a bad thing here, I insist … but then again, maybe tis because I watched this via online streaming? Heh.

If this is a beginning of a "trilogy", then I'd really rather watch it as a TV series, which I think might well create a more effective impact, then be compared to 007 and it's ilk, which inevitable it will be.

Not necessarily a "by the numbers" celluloid outing, but enough to keep me interested till the credit roll. Definitely something to watch when you are grasping at entertainment, but not a "must watch" in any circumstance. But I do stand by my "TV assessment".

A healthy 2 and 1/2 bags of popcorn out of 5.

LOGLINE: "When a terrorist escapes custody during a routine handover, Will Holloway must team with disgraced MI5 Intelligence Chief Harry Pearce to track him down before an imminent terrorist attack on London..." (IMDb)

Popular Posts