Counting Down to Marvel's AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. 100th Episode


My viewing relationship with Marvel's AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. had a pretty rocky start. Amidst heightened expectations of The Avengers film(s), and not being attuned to the speed and pace of the fledgling tv series, I never could finish the first season, and subsequently watched episodes on and off, whenever I come across them randomly on my local cable channels, oblivious to whether they were "new to air", or just "reruns/repeats" (there were a lot of "marathons-catch-up" before a new season begun), and quite frankly sometimes unknown of they were seen sequentially ...

And it was not until Season 4 begun, where out of sheer curiosity for "Ghost Rider", did I literally sat down and devoured the entire season and relished it with abandon!


(Above art by Rahzzah for Season 4 / see other artwork for
Marvel's Agents of SHIELD: "The Road to 100” Art Program HERE $onTYSREVIL)

My favourite arc had to be "Framework", where the story/notion is what I felt to be the most "accurate" sensibilities of a "comicbook" (at least the ones I used to read in my kidult years :p), and where I'd proclaim (to no one in particular, except for first on my #iliketeevee blog, and now here) that AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. was to me the ultimate comicbook-themed tv show at this day and age!


And while I know I cannot fully digest the emotions showed and evolved in the entire 99 episodes thus far, I can appreciate that by the time I jumped on the wagon (or on "The Bus" :p), I could appreciate the depth of emotions that had begun in Episode One, and led to the now, for the video featured above to have a longing resonance, and perhaps even a reverence to what has gone on before the finale that which is Episode 100, airing this coming Friday, March 9th (at 9/8c on ABC) - which may or may not be the the final chapter of this series.

And selfishly, I am delighted and honoured to have been able to jump on in time, to enjoy and hopefully relish this ride.

And while I have previously featured these featurettes ("looking-back") promo videos on my TV-blog, I'm re-sharing them all here again!













Comments

Popular Posts