"Go Back To China" Starring Anna Akana: Poster & Trailer


Imagine my surprise and delight when I spotted the poster for "Go Back To China" - starring one of my fav vbloggers Anna Akana! A teaser trailer (below) for "GO BACK TO CHINA" - written and directed by Emily Tang, scheduled for a March 9th premiere at the 2019 SXSW Film Festival in the U.S.

SYNOPSIS: "The semi-autobiographical film follows spoiled rich girl Sasha Li (Anna Akana), who after blowing through most of her trust fund, is forced by her father (Richard Ng) to go back to China and work for the family toy business. What begins simply as a way to regain financial support soon develops into a life altering journey of self discovery, as Sasha discovers her passion for toy designing and learns to reconnect with her estranged family. A bittersweet portrait of a fractured family, the film also offers an honest look at the human cost of things that are made in China." (Source)

Stars Anna Akana, Richard Ng, Lynn Chen, Kelly Hu, Kendy Cheung, Aviva Wang. The film title is hilariously-ironic, as is Ms Akana with an ancestry being Japanese, Filipino, Hawaiian, Irish, German, Spanish, French, and English (Wiki), and none in being "Chinese/China" LOL ... Gawds but I love her (What I call a steady-presented xiao-char-bor :p) ... and we shall conclude this blogpost with Anna's latest youtube video (I've subscribed to her channel, have you?), and after seeing her online for years, I would love to actually see the movie too...

Comments

Popular Posts