Ilya Kuvshinov for #GhostInTheShellSAC_2045


Since the announcement of a new anime on Netflix; "Ghost in the Shell: SAC_2045" in December 2018 (with the image posted below), it has since been revealed that the illustration was done by Russian Illustrator based in Tokyo, Ilya Kuvshinov, and that he has since been working on the new #GhostInTheShellSAC_2045 series as a lead character design artist!

"I am happy to finally announce that I am working on the new Ghost in the Shell series as a lead character design artist!✨ Watching Mamoru Oshii’s first Ghost in the Shell movie at the age of 6 made me fall in love with it (and Japanese animation overall) because of how extraordinary captivating it’s visuals were, and it’s one of the reasons that made me decide to pursue an artist career. Working on the latest series of a title that means so much to me is a great honor, and I’m designing Motoko as well as other characters with all the love and respect for Ghost in the Shell I have in my heart." (@kuvshinov_ilya)
"Ghost in the Shell: SAC_2045" will be directed by "Appleseed"’s Shinji Aramaki and "Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex"’s Kenji Kamiyama. The "desire to explore the true meaning of human consciousness intensifies", and I am pretty glad they are going back into the animated route for this property (not that I "hated" the live-action Hollywood version, but...). The anime is scheduled for 2020.

Featured below are a selection of his illustrations - a couple of whom you might find very familiar too - and support the artist on his Patreon!


View this post on Instagram

Some FFXV illustrations I've done for Square Enix! ✨

A post shared by Ilya Kuvshinov (@kuvshinov_ilya) on




Comments

Popular Posts