"X-Women" Clip from #DarkPhoenix


There be tension in the X-Mansion, and I am liking it! X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX premieres today June 6th on Singapore screens, rated PG13 and listed running 114 minutes long.

And while I am currently not gearing up to watch this on the big screen immediately, I am scoping out the various spoilers doled out on the www now (besides the no-so-spectacular reviews), to perhaps convince me to go into a darkened cinema for this ... the truth is, I haven't been "enamoured" by the properties recently, with the first two films instead etched firmly in my film-loving-mind, except for LOGAN, which technically did not offer up the massive ensemble of super-powered characters, which compared to a printed illustrated book, is harder to digest on-screen, in a limited time-frame (although you can argue the page count for a comic book is also limited, but...)

Regardless of my own personal hesitation, it certainly does give me pause, as it would be a long while more before the next "X-MEN" movie, with whatever next incarnation to come from Marvel/Disney, in however long they would choose to wait out the current incarnations, somewhat similar to "Fantastic Four", I suspect.

... or maybe I'm simply justifying to myself the need to watch my limited funds, as there are far more expenses that needs to be addressed than a price of a cinema ticket LOL

This is the story of one of the X-Men’s most beloved characters, Jean Grey, as she evolves into the iconic DARK PHOENIX. During a life-threatening rescue mission in space, Jean is hit by a cosmic force that transforms her into one of the most powerful mutants of all. Wrestling with this increasingly unstable power as well as her own personal demons, Jean spirals out of control, tearing the X-Men family apart and threatening to destroy the very fabric of our planet. The film is the most intense and emotional X-Men movie ever made. It is the culmination of 20 years of X-Men movies, as the family of mutants that we've come to know and love must face their most devastating enemy yet -- one of their own."

Comments

Popular Posts