The X-Files: I Want to Believe - Vrach Frankenshteyn



Official Trailer for "The X-Files: I Want to Believe - Vrach Frankenshteyn" presents creator Chris Carter's "original vision" in an all-new director's cut, of his 2008 feature "The X-Files: I Want to Believe", scheduled to premiere August 14 on Hulu.

"It’s really bringing to life something that for me was on the page and never got to the screen."



SYNOPSIS: Mulder and Scully are called back to duty by the FBI when a former priest claims to be receiving psychic visions pertaining to a kidnapped agent.

"The X-Files: I Want to Believe" was a 2008 American supernatural thriller film directed by Chris Carter, and written by Carter and Frank Spotnitz. It is the second feature film installment of The X-Files franchise created by Carter, following the 1998 film. Mulder, Scully, and Skinner returns from the tv series.

According to Wiki: The story follows Mulder and Scully who have been out of the FBI for several years, with Mulder living in isolation and Scully having become a doctor at a Catholic hospital, where she has formed a bond with a critically ill child patient. When an FBI agent is mysteriously kidnapped and a former Catholic priest who has been convicted of pedophilia claims to be experiencing psychic visions of the endangered agent, Scully is asked to bring Mulder back to the bureau to consult on the case because of his work with psychics. The narrative goes through the push and pull of his at-first reluctant involvement and Scully's attempts to stay out of it.



For folks and fans familiar with the film and lore, this would be a splendid blast-from-the-past, with a "horror" angle since touted ... while for folks unfamiliar with the X-Files, it would be interesting iff they would pick up on the characters' situations.

I certain aim to rejig my faded memories and inject them with newfound awe...hopefully :)

I had thought to scan thru my trading card set to rediscover the story, but realised what I have the 1998 "The X-Files: Fight the Future" film, and had not continued to collect trading cards post-2000(ish), so it'll be a "surprise" top me too...! LOL

Comments

Popular Posts