Isaac Asimov's FOUNDATION as A New Series on Apple TV+

"The future begins in 2021. Based on the award-winning novels by Isaac Asimov, Foundation chronicles a band of exiles on their monumental journey to save humanity and rebuild civilization amid the fall of the Galactic Empire." (apple.co/_Foundation)

Foundation stars SAG Award-winner and Emmy-nominee Jared Harris as Hari Seldon; Lee Pace as Brother Day; Lou Llobell as Gaal; Leah Harvey as Salvor; Laura Birn as Demerzel; Terrence Mann as Brother Dusk; and Cassian Bilton as play Brother Dawn.

Foundation is executive produced by Robyn Asimov, David S. Goyer, Josh Friedman, Cameron Welsh, David Ellison, Dana Goldberg and Marcy Ross. The series is produced for Apple by Skydance Television.


JOURNAL: I will always remember a "conversation" I had with the-person-in-charge before I started a part-time lecturing gig on "Art Direction" in a local technical college, to (somewhat) specifically to NOT reference "sci-fi films", as they are "not practical"... something which I could not disagree with more, but ...

And while I can understand outer-faring space adventures with warp-speed and phaser-battles might perhaps be the crux of the reference, there are also a bountiful of "science-fiction" actively involved with the reel-world too, which includes programs like "WESTWORLD" (which ironically a bulk of Season 3 was shot in Singapore too), and might well be the epitome of "art direction" in education where the opportunity to expand your creativity and inventiveness is so much more wider and perhaps even robust, but ...

Watching this 2 & 1/2 minutes "teaser" quite literally left me in controlled tears, and a regret for not "fighting" against the establishment (as I've always felt I had been doing my entire time in the industry in a previous lifetime lol), which I no longer have the opportunity to, as I am no longer engaged to lecture. And no, I'm not salty in the least bit, cheers :)

Comments

Popular Posts