AMERICAN GODS: My (Non-Spoiler) Impressions for S3 E1 & The Episodes Ahead


Episode One takes great pains in reminding us what has happened, what is happening, and sets the stage for what's going to happen next, or at least "where" it os going to happen next, and I am torn between "thank goodness I've watched the first two seasons, otherwise WTF is going on here?" ... and "well, they are surely taking their time setting this all up again...?"
The above clip pretty much sums up what my impression of the series is: A continuation of Shadow Moon whining. Actually near everyone from the past 2 seasons are continuing their whining, continuing their plotting and schemes, as if everything is still happening in "season 1"...but at least it is all beautifully shot, with a saturated and contrasty palette, teetering between comfort and dread.... but maybe that's what all E1 was supposed to be - to help us catch up, warming us up for the shitstorm ahead? Scroll to the bottom to watch the promos for Ep2 and what is ahead...



7 more episodes to go before the end of Season 3 of AEMRCIAN GODS, which means seven more weeks of patience finding out what is going to happen next (I have not read the source material: Neil Gaiman's novel of the same name, and have no intentions to), and I've decided to keep my viewing options very open this season around.



Comments

Popular Posts