Live Action COWBOY BEBOP Cancelled After One Season ... "Whatever happens, happens..."



CLICK HERE for coverage of the live action adaptation of a classic anime "COWBOY BEBOP" (Season 1 streaming still on Netflix). I've yet to watch it to give my 5 cents' worth (as everybody else seems to already have), but seems there's no rush to now, either. Pity.

Pretty brutal to have the news of the cancellation come just weeks into the series debut tho... "Fans" are a tough crowd, I know, but Hollywood is "merciless"...





Low ratings? Audience Disapproval? Bad Press? Regardless whatever reasons ("official" or otherwise), I am personally torn between intrigued to see/watch new versions of classics, versus what the masses expect a carbon copy of their favourites, it's a tough crowd to please these days!

All this reminds me of when I was actively collecting 1/6th a couple pf decades back, and of seeing how "authenticity" ruled over the joy of kitbashing or collecting ... and that if you do not possess a basic historical accuracy to the figure(s) you are collecting, you are deemed "unworthy" - "extreme " I know! Not at it mattered to me personally, as I'd collected predominantly non-military ... but seeing this constant issue did deter me from collecting military, and when I eventually did, it was something I'd enjoy by myself, but not shared with the masses on toy-forums.

And while dedicated "(toy) forums" was where we gathered from all over the world to share in what we all enjoy, imagine how pervasive it is now with "social media"? Different times, same shitz, as far as I am concerned LOL

And while this is not the first time Netflix has adapted "anime into Western live action" (there was 2017's "Death Note"), neither will Bebop be the last, as fans can look forward to a live-action "One Piece" series.

BUY ANIME FROM U.S. AMAZON:

Cowboy Bebop Anime Season 1 (Original Japanese Version)
Cowboy Bebop Complete Series

BUY ON AMAZON.SG:
Cowboy Bebop: The Complete Series [Blu-ray]
Cowboy Bebop: The Complete Series [Blu-ray]
Cowboy Bebop CD Album
Seatbelts - Cowboy Bebop Remixes 'Music For Freelance' [Japan CD]
TAMASHII NATIONS Bandai S.H. Figuarts Spike Spiegel Cowboy Bebop Action Figure
Bandai Tamashii Nations Popinika Spirits Swordfish II
BST AXN 5" Action Figure-Spike Spiegel

Comments