"Business Proposal" (사내맞선) KDRAMA + My Spoiler Impressions of the 1st 2 Episodes



"Business Proposal" (사내맞선) is a brand new KDRAMA that borders on fun and fluff, and for me is a breath of fresh air amidst my current "high-concept" watches. Key factor is Kim Se-jeong as the female lead, and that's good enough for me!

Scroll thru to find out a bit more of the series, and my spoiler impressions.



SYNOPSIS (on Wikipedia): "Shin Ha-ri (Kim Se-jeong) goes on a blind date in disguise as her friend with the goal of 'getting rejected' by her friend’s prospective partner. But plans go awry when he turns out to be Kang Tae-mu (Ahn Hyo-seop) – CEO of Ha-ri's company and he makes a proposal."



"Business Proposal" (사내맞선) is a 12-episoder series broadcasting in South Korea on SBS, and as well via Netflix (in select regions). Airing twice a week (Mondays & Tuesdays at the 22:00 time slot) starting Feb 28th and ends April 5th, 2022.

The series is based on webtoon/web novel "Sanae Matsun" by Hae Hwa (published from August 3, 2017 to November 21, 2018 via KakaoPage). SPOILER scenes from Episode 1 showcased below...



ABOVE: Episode 1 - where Kim Se-jeong (along with "Samantha and Rachel" :p) is determined to ruin her date with Ahn Hyo-seop when she puts on a faux personality in a blind date (taking over her bestie).

BELOW: Ahn Hyo-seop asks Kim Se-jeong for just "10 dates", with the aim for marriage.





(Credited as "A Office Blind Date" on IMDb / above screengrab via).





Kim Se-jeong is gloriously emotive and fun (bordering campy and serious real, amidst the fantasy sequences FTW), while Ahn Hyo-seop is the swoon-worthy chaebol with a seriously heightened self-esteem, with a petty-streak needing to be sated, and you KNOW they'll end up being in love, with personality changes and character arcs predictably awaiting viewers - or at least I certainly hope so!



I don't need to be "surprised", I want to be "entertained", and with the scripting seen in the first two episodes, it looks to be able to keep me interested enough to follow thru, IMHO.

The ruse is sorted (although far from "reseolved") by the 2nd episode, and that's where the fun more likey begins... or maybe ended? Subsequent watches will confirm this :p



The chemistry is undeniable, even as they are at odds in the first two episodes, and I think and hope that'll be where the fun is, when walls are broken down (in the KDRAMA way), slammed shut in the face, then resolved for a "happy ending", as all "kdrama romance comedy" goes lah, and it's all good :)

The mood and tone somewhat reminded me of "Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha", and that's good enough for me at this point in my watchlife, thanks ... As well the premise is nothing "new" in Kdrama, with 2016's "Marriage Contract (결혼계약)" popped iommediately into mind, where aingle mother (played by Uee) enters into a marriage under contract with Lee Seo-jin's "Han Ji-hoon" to pay off her late husband's debts, and to raise her daugther.





Personally for me, it is because of Kim Se-jeong, without a doubt, thanks. She charmed in "SCHOOL 2017" - which I watched specifically because of her, which turned me on more into her music, which I had previously enjoyed when she was apart of "I.O.I", to now with her as a soloist.



Even seen in her above featured MV for "Warning (Feat. lIlBOI)" (released late-March 2021), she has taken on "roles/personas", as opposed to just singing and performing/looking pretty, IMHO. and I am so pleased and proud for her to see her take the lead in "Business Proposal", as comfortable a actor as she is a idol, IMHO.









BUY KIM SEJEONG on U.S.AMAZON:


This blog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Comments

Popular Posts