CINESOUNDSCAPES (Playlist circa 2008)

some have made me perk up in anticipation, some have made my hands gripped tight with unbridled anger, some have brought instantaneous smiles to my face, some have made me weep silently, some have lulled me to peaceful slumber, some have made me giggle like a brainless-tit, and some have made me ponder my life, my future (yes, I am a sap) ... what do you think would happen, if you were locked within a darkened cinema for between 90 to 180-minutes? with visuals bombarding both your audio-video-sensors? moving images flash before your enlarged iris, stereophonic surround-sound and dialogue throttle your delicate eardrums, and in-between the silence, the yakking and subtitles, the soundscape of music takes over your senses and allows you to breathe ... maybe ... welcome to the world of movie scores.
(Written & listed in 2008)

The Dust Brothers - This Is Your Life
UNKLE with South - Cocaine & Camcorders (UNKLE Variation)
Klint - Diamond
Orbital - The Saint
Danny Elfman - Beetlejuice
Eric Serra - The Free Side
Eric Serra - Noon
Graeme Revell - Claire's Theme
New Japan Philharmonic Orchestra - One Summer's Day
Eric Serra - The Big Blue Overture
Mader - Good Morning, My Life!
Wilson Simonal - Nem Vem Que Não Tem


The Dust Brothers - This Is Your Life

UNKLE with South - Cocaine & Camcorders (UNKLE Variation)

Klint - Diamond



I've always been a fan of Eric Serra, Danny Elfman, Hans Zimmer and even perhaps subconsicously Graeme Revell - genre composers (with the exception of Zimmer) for genre films from my fav directors like - Luc Besson and Tim Burton, and even the grandeur of Ridley Scott ... one distinct name left out of the list is Ryuichi Sakamoto, whose themes from Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence and The Last Emperor had affected me thru the years - decadent daydreams floating amidst the stormclouds, drenched in melancholy (toldja I was am a sap lor - shuddup LOL) even til now - heh (can't seem to find the CDs, hence not in the music-list :p)

... of coz there are countless more decidedly "indie" movie-fare, and the more "recognizable" themes from iconic movies like Star Wars - which I sometimes still get mixed up with Superman! *facepalm*

Danny Elfman - Beetlejuice

Eric Serra - The Free Side

Eric Serra - Noon

Graeme Revell - Claire's Theme


Eric Serra - The Big Blue Overture

Mader - Good Morning, My Life!

Wilson Simonal - Nem Vem Que Não Tem

Comments

Popular Posts