My Sunday Second Watch of #GameofThrones on HBO

View this post on Instagram

Sunday lunch with #GameofThrones on HBO, season 8 episode 5 ... where I’d felt the entire season was about telling a story to its end (but not necessarily the GoT you remembered the 7 seasons prior were about), and a rousing presentation of the filmmakers’ craft and skill, which were showcased in the various genres of horror, war etc. It is about “moving on”, as far as I am concerned... but then again, I’ve not been that hardcore a fan of the series, nor books, to be able to offer anything cerebral about this facet of the lore lol Of course everyone is entitled to their hate, which for all intents and purposes is the legacy of the series, for people to care enough about it to hate on it, IMHO. I consider myself a “pedestrian viewer”, and I certainly enjoyed what I saw! For everyone else who have chosen not to watch GOT; good on your own choices. As is all forms of art and entertainment, this could have added either enjoyment to your life, or none at all, and is never truly “essential” for the survival of the human species, innit? But for those who have, including myself, it certainly has made my life a little bit more colourful and varied lol Think about it this way, you fell in love for the duration of 7 Seasons, and now at the end, as the relationship sours, crumbles and ultimately ends, you have no closure, but still somehow need to move on, innit? I certainly know that feeling... heh. #popcornx #toysrevilx

A post shared by TOYSREVIL (@toysrevil) on


Sunday lunch with a second watching of #GameofThrones on HBO, with these snaps of Season 8 Episode 5, along with the finale Ep6 (which I chose not to rewatch, actually) ... where I’d felt this entire (8th) season was about telling a story to it's end (*but not necessarily the GoT fans have remembered the 7 seasons prior were about), and of a rousing presentation of the filmmakers’ craft and skill, which were showcased in the various genres of "horror", "war" etc. all of which felt to me, as if it was about “moving on”, looking beyond the finale, to the next gig and job that'll come for these artisans, no doubt after a much needed rest.

There is nothing "devious" here, from where I'm looking at... but then again, I’ve not been what you would call a "hardcore fan" of the series (I've only started watching from Season 7, actually), nor the books, to be able to offer anything cerebral about this facet of the lore lol


Of course everyone is entitled to their hate and vitrol, which for all intents and purposes is, and will be the legacy of the series, for people to care enough about it to hate on it, IMHO. With the myriad of videos on youtube, I can only but watch on and consider what folks have been opining, as much as I have "caught up" with 6 seasons' with of story highlights via YouTube videos myself!

As far as I am concerned, how can you "hate" something, when you don't "love" it in the first place? Colour me "naive", of course. I consider myself an earnest “pedestrian viewer”, and I certainly enjoyed my watch!


For everyone else who have chosen not to watch GoT, and trumpet your own individuality and unwillingness to conform to societal peer pressure = good on your own individual choices. As is/are all forms of art and entertainment goes, GoT could have either added enjoyment to your life, or perhaps none at all, or simply leave you scarred and bitter ... but in reality, has never truly (needed to be) “essential” for the survival of the human species, innit? But for those who have watched it, including myself, it certainly has made my life a little bit more colourful and varied!


Think about it this way, you fell in love for the duration of 7 Seasons (paraphrasing Gabriel Infante's illustration), and now at the end, as the relationship sours, crumbles and ultimately ends, you have no closure, but still somehow need to move on, innit? I certainly know that feeling... heh.

Cheers
Andy TOYSREVIL

Comments

Popular Posts