REWATCHED: King Kong

I sorta like Saturday mornings these days, more likely because I'll start the day somehow with a film - not necessarily planned, but because I do not "rush" into blogging on Saturday mornings, I inevitably switch on the television while have a relaxed breakfast, and mire often than not, manage to catch a film on cable - a few memorable ones (that I've blogged about) including Indiana Jones & The Raiders of the Lost Ark and 2018's The Predator.


Today, it was 2005's KING KONG - a film which I've had faded memories of, and somehow could feel both recognition and a thin sense of "freshness", since I've forgotten some parts of it - most notably seeing Tom Holland (aka "Peter Parker" in Sony X MCU's "Spider-Man"), as well Jack Black in a leading role, Adrian Brody all action (so it was not a surprised when he turned up in "Predators", IMHO), and Andy Serkis, - whom also played "Kong" himself, via motion-capture = all of whom were co-written, produced, and directed by Peter Jackson, and filmed in New Zealand!


Watching it again, I marvelled at the technology used, and the wonder of most of the scenarios happening within both night-time and bright daylight, and remembering it heralding the LORD OF THE RINGS Trilogy helmed by Peter Jackson. Folks like Serkis continued working with Jackson, with one of his main calling card being "Golem"!


Watching KING KONG as well filled me up with such a strong sense of nostalgia, not least because of the age of the film itself, but of the memories of when I blogged about the film on TOYSREVIL (*Which I've replicated+reposted here below), in truly it's early days of the blog, indeed...!


BUY KING KONG ON AMAZON:

Comments