DVD-Movies Haul November 10th, 2018 on PopcornX

In my ongoing personal show-off posts of my DVD movie purchases (of which is exceedingly sparse in occurance, especially since physical shops are dwindling in Singapore, and I prefer to buy+browse my movies physically ... my last purchase being in August :p), here's a look at my recent purchase from the Poh Kim Video store found in basement 2 of Northpoint Mall in Yishun, Singapore - which I chanced upon quite randomly too! Gotta LOVE discoveries!

AND of course all the sales assistant had to tell me was "Buy two, get one free", and the two DVDs in my hand soon expanded to 6 :)


I am constantly searching for anime movie titles, with Singapore's offerings your typical mass audiences, BUT I am grateful I could lay my hands on "your name" ... and yes I am yet to watch this (*Dont judge meeeeeeee :p)... and now I can without any "bootleg means" ~ *cough*

"Mitsuha and Taki are total strangers living completely different lives. But when Mitsuha makes a wish to leave her mountain town for the bustling city of Tokyo, they become connected in a bizarre way. She dreams she is a boy living in Tokyo while Taki dreams he is a girl from a rural town he’s never visited.

What does their newfound connection mean? And how will it bring them together? Find out in the latest film from the acclaimed auteur Makoto Shinkai."
"A mysterious virus suddenly spreads throughout Japan causing widespread panic. People infected with the virus rapidly transform into zombie-like creatures and are called ZQN (pronounced zokyun). The ZQN then attack people with superhuman strength and their victims eventually become ZQN as well.

Hideo Suzuki (Yo Oizumi大泉洋), a 35-year-old manga artist, happens to meet a female high school student, Hiromi Hayakari (Kasumi Arimura有村架纯). They escape from the city together, despite Hayakari being bitten by a baby ZQN. However, the baby ZQN that bit her did not have teeth, resulting in her being half ZQN. The pair then meets Nurse Yabu (Masami Nagasawa长泽雅美) at a shelter. Yabu hopes she can draw an antibody from Hayakari."
I have a sneaking suspicion is had previously purchased "I AM A HERO" (I actually do not dare to search for it in my collection lol), with a firm enjoyment of this Japanese zombie-flick, which in a simple "physical" review of the film, essentially means it is AWESOME enough for me to want to buy it to keep it, thanks :)


I have been intrigued with LULU THE MOVIE since featuring it on my ReelNation blog (about local/Singapore films), and am extremely keen to watch Michelle Chong ham it all up! Meanwhile, YOU might want to stay connected to Lulu's Instagram for giggles LOL


Michelle Chong wrote, produced and directs herself as "Lulu" the satirical character from P.R.C. (*People's Republic of China), first seen and made famous on MediaCorp's "The Noose" parody skit show on Channel 5.

"Lung (Michael Ning) and Chi-Yeung (Louis Cheung) are two eccentric hot-blooded young men leading a devil-may-care life. They deem themselves as heroes who can save the earth. However, Lung can do nothing about things in life that don’t work out as he wishes.

A monster from Lung’s favourite animation appears in the city out of reason and turns people into zombies. The outbreak of this zombie crisis is followed by widespread chaos.

Chat-Yat (Cherry Ngan), a girl Chi-Yeung is fervently chasing, has gone missing as well. Lung risks his life and breaks into the infected town in order to bring her back home. He comes to realise that he is merely a loser and slick talker. However, Lung decides not to avoid his true self, and resolves to fight a battle against zombies tonight!"
(2017)

I first got clued in to ZOMBIOLOGY: ENJOY YOURSELF TONIGHT primarily due to the illustrations of Felix Ip, actually. Featured above is the (original) Cantonese language, while just below (the synopsis) is the Chinese dubbed version seen/heard on local/Singapore screens. I have a miserably tiny understanding of Cantonese, but I am always for the "original" language, as long as there are English subtitles, and I'm good, thanks :p


Admittedly, M. Night Shyamalan's UNBREAKABLE (from 2000) was a last minute choice (to make the buy-2-get-1-free deal :p), and while I have this feeling I HAVE the movie in my collection (I cannot remember if it was DVD or VCD tho, so just as well...), but I'm interested to remind myself of what will lead up to GLASS, having just watched SPLIT not too long ago too :p

"A man learns something extraordinary about himself after a devastating accident." (IMDb)
One of my recent regrets not watching films in the cinema on the silver screens (as opposed to online sources), was Wes Anderson's ISLE OF DOGS stop-motion animated film. Having adored FANTASTIC MR FOX and eternally ,pst of Anderson's live-action films, I HAD to have this film! And cannot wait to indulge in this soon!
"Set in Japan, Isle of Dogs follows a boy's odyssey in search of his lost dog."

Cheers and Enjoy The Movies, folks!
Andy

Comments

Popular Posts