#fridaynightmovie: SICARIO


This might be the third (fourth?) time I’ve watched the Denis Villeneuve-directed "SICARIO", and I just can’t get enough of how good this film is - the whole package with story, music, craft - so deceptively meant to be “unremarkable” (for lack of a better word) but ultimately an exceptional piece of cinema, to me. A very deceptive but effective "mundane" slice of "everyday life", IMHO.

One immediate reminder of how I felt and missed about the film, is the sound, or more specifically the music - that builds and continues to foreshadow the sequence, the moment, the memories that have etched in my memories, that when action-adventure version known as "Sicario: Day Of The Soldado" (AKA "Sicaro 2", directed by Stefano Sollima) was experienced, the mood was so obviously different, that while the sound it might be retained, the mood it melded with, was totally filtered away by the wind of indifference ... thank goodness we have THIS film to go back to.


I look back to when I chose this film to be #2 for the year of 2015, and realised it was a tough fight to secure the top spot (which went to Mad Max: Fury Road), but also recognise that there are certain films that I would constantly go back to, again and again, and with that, Sicario has topped out Mad Max lol

BUY FROM AMAZON:

Comments

Popular Posts